Thursday, October 17, 2019Light Snow -5°C

Posted by Amie / June 17, 2013

Yelp helps! Native-womens-shelterLocal restaurants serving up gourmet bites and bartenders pouring local beers, cocktails and wine tastings while all-unplugged acoustic folk acts including Mia Verko, Ronley Teper, Ben Hermann and Saxsyndrum rock the crowd at a sunny Plateau park - Sounds good? Throw in some local non-profits including the Native Women's Shelter reaching out for volunteers and support and you've got yourself one heck of a good cause.

Yelp is teaming up with the St Ambroise Montreal Fringe Festival and 18 other local non-profits to bring you the 2nd annual Yelp Helps Party on Tuesday June 18th at the Fringe Parc (Parc des Ameriques at the corner of Rachel and St Laurent). The local non-profits are looking for new supporters and volunteers. Attendees looking for some volunteer opportunities or to pitch in some dimes are invited to come help kick off a year of volunteer efforts by the Montreal Yelp Community.

How it Works

RSVP to get in the guest list. You'll get a confirmation email. Then when you arrive at the party, you'll get your all-access wristband and a map of all participating businesses and non-profits. The first 40 people to fill out the entire map by connecting with each organization wins prizes from the gorgeous Mansfield Athletic Club and the first 10 people to finish will get a full free 1 month membership - try out rockclimbing, dance, yoga, Crossfit, and movies on the big screen while you train.

Food and Drink

On hand will be McAuslan beers, Tito's Handmade Vodka, Barefoot Wines, and Cafe Vito's pop-up espresso bar. Plus beignewiches for the first 100 guests from Chez Boris plus regular sugar donuts; mini sausage rolls and assorted veggie and meat mini pies from Tourtière Australienne; pure honey traditional Greek loukoumades from Mr Puffs; Jean Talon Market goodies from Le Pourvoyeur including pulled pork an duck rillettes on walnut bread from Joe La Croute; and gluten free desserts from Almond Butterfly.

Focus on Local Non-profits: The Native Women's Shelter

Since its incorporation in 1987, the Native Women's Shelter of Montreal has provided support and a refuge for Aboriginal, Inuit and Métis women and their children going through difficult times. The women and their children are either self-referred or referred by community resources.

The shelter provides an environment where women can focus on their various challenges and rebuild their lives. It offers in-house programs and services as well as outreach services that help in the healing process of the women while assisting them in re-establishing a balanced lifestyle.

The Native Women's Shelter works within an Aboriginal framework, incorporating teachings from the various cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Métis. It combines traditional healing techniques with contemporary approaches to give the women options to address their immediate needs and issues.

Other non-profits on location include Jeunesse, J'Écoute, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Kids Code Jeunesse, Head & Hands, Overture with the Arts, Bouge d'ici, Canadian Liver Foundation, Rock Camp for Girls Montreal, AfrikaWaly, Montreal Improv, Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre, AMI-Quebec, Arcmtl - Distroboto project, Apathy is Boring, Pop Montreal, Yellow Door, and Festival St Ambroise Fringe Montreal.

About Yelp

Yelp (NYSE: YELP) connects people with great local businesses. Yelp was founded in San Francisco in July 2004. Since then, Yelp communities have taken root in major metros across the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Singapore, Poland, Turkey and New Zealand. Yelp had a monthly average of 102 million unique visitors in Q1 2013*. By the end of Q1 2013, Yelpers had written more than 39 million rich, local reviews, making Yelp the leading local guide for real word-of-mouth on everything from boutiques and mechanics to restaurants and dentists. Yelp's mobile application was used on 9.9 million unique mobile devices on a monthly average basis during Q1 2013. For more information, please visit http://www.yelp.ca/ or send an email to press@yelp.ca.

Who: Montreal Non-Profits & Charitable Yelpers
When: June 18th, 6-8pm
Where: Parc des Ameriques, corner of Rachel and St Laurent
Rain Venue: Bistro Deux Gamins

free love spells that work fast / May 14, 2014 at 09:02 pm
Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post
is just cool and i can assume you're an expert on this subject.
Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to
keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on
the enjoyable work.
24 hour emergency locksmith / July 8, 2014 at 02:35 pm
Residential locksmiths help homeowners a locksmith in deciding the most helpful.
And the scenario and all day and night locksmith service in the following prerogatives,
putting your life where you put it in such a state that they will perform.

Further, their products and experiences, they will be
charged by the public whether the firm would be able to give you full details on what you are expecting.
It must be spent to re-key a locksmith his home.
This is true that in emergency services in all his activities,
thus they are bonded also.
planqsansinscription.eu / August 14, 2014 at 06:59 am
This is the right website for anyone who would like to understand this topic.
You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I personally
would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject which has been written about for a long time.
Excellent stuff, just wonderful!
jacquescartier.org / October 8, 2014 at 03:52 am
Thanks for finally talking about >Yelp Helps! at Parc des Ameriques: Causes, Cocktails and an Acoustic Hoedown Jamboree
Nazeli / February 4, 2015 at 07:27 am
Russell and Emily were the PERFECT people to shoot our weddnig! Honestly, I think we hit the jackpot when we were referred to Snider Photo and Design. Not only are their pictures AMAZING, but they are so easy to work with! Our interaction started with a meeting with Russell, who is very easy going and friendly, yet professional. He answered all our questions and set us at ease right away. At the time, we received a free engagement shoot with our package. After setting a date, I became sick and had to cancel. Russell was very understanding and we were able to work out a post weddnig session. That kind of flexibility doesn't happen often!On the day of the weddnig, Russell and Emily showed up with a lot of energy and ready to get to work. Despite the cold weather, they never once complained and seemed genuinely thrilled to capture every moment. During the ceremony, I can't say that I saw them once!!! Yet, they caught so many beautiful and meaningful shots that I was blown away!! I can honestly say that when we saw our teaser photos, I felt like I was right back in that moment.I think that the value for what you get is great! I met with a wide range of photographers with varying prices, and Snider was the perfect fit in terms of price and quantity/quality of pictures. We opted to get the disc of images so we can print our own, which was delivered as promised. I may not be a professional, but even my untrained eye can see that what these photographers can do with lighting, placement, and creativity is pure talent. I feel like these pictures truly showed the love between me and my husband.
Nazeli / February 4, 2015 at 07:27 am
Nazeli / February 4, 2015 at 07:27 am
sales skills identifying / November 29, 2016 at 03:56 pm
Great site you have here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing
like yours these days. I honestly appreciate individuals
like you! Take care!!
home care specialist / December 19, 2016 at 10:02 am
I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's equally educative and interesting,
and without a doubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that too few people
are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy that I found this during
my search for something regarding this.
Kanchipuram sarees / June 4, 2018 at 06:29 am