Are Toronto and Vancouver both better than Montreal?
Two weeks ago we teamed with our sister sites in Toronto and Vancouver to launch a contest to prove once and for all that Montreal is the best city in Canada. The thing is - so far things aren't quite going as expected. Montreal is currently in last place.
The way the contest works is each city has a nominee in one of 97 categories. Brunch, bike organization, hockey team, rep cinema, yoga studio and local magazine are just some of the categories to vote in. Currently, we're leading 15 categories which puts us a distant third to Toronto (66) and Vancouver (16).
The categories we're currently winning include:
- Bagel (St. Viateur over Gryfes and Sollys)
- Arts Festival (Just for Laughs over Contact Photography and Bard on the Beach)
- Band (Arcade Fire over BSS and New Pornographers)
- Bike Organization (Bixi over Toronto Cyclists Union and Pedal Power)
- Billionaire (Guy Laliberte over David Thompson and Jim Pattison)
- Car Race (Grand Prix over Honda Indy and Mission Raceway Park Drag Racing)
- Deli (Schwartz's over Caplansky's and Kaplan's Star Deli)
- DJ (Kid Koala over Nacho Lovers and Paul Devro)
- French Restaurant (L'Express over Batifole and Les Faux Bourgeois)
- Poutine (La Banquise over Smoke's Poutinerie and La Belle Patate)
Our nominees in 87 other categories need your help! From shoe store (La Chatte Bottee) to steakhouse (Moishes) there's plenty to vote on and local favourites to support. And thanks to Nokia we've got a bunch of prizes like the new Nokia N97 Minis and the new Xbox 360 to give away. So go ahead and vote!
Here's the url of the contest so you can share with your Montreal friends.