Friday, September 20, 2019Light Snow -5°C
City

On Company Time: Street Fair

Posted by Sara / August 25, 2006

IMG_5171.jpg
Photos by Dave, who will officially turn 30 on Sunday. Does that make him over the Hill?

Here at Midnight Poutine, we occasionally (um, not exactly weekly) like to distract you from the drudgery of your workplace with a few fun and quasi-SFW links. I'm making an exception for this particular OCT - you can't link to squat from this post.

I want you to get up, mumble some sort of half-assed excuse, and make your way for a "15-minute" break at Frénésie de la "Main" (aka Main Madness), the plateau's second yearly street fair.

There are dogs - both kinds. There are juicy, tangy, sexy mangos on sticks. There is $2 beer. There is also $2 chow mein which, contrary to what the cheap bastards on Stillepost would have you believe, is a fine deal. I prefer the greasy goodness of le Gourmet d'Orient, since you asked.

And, I know you don't want to hear it right now, but this is It. Summer's last hurrah. Slather your still-pasty self with SPF 270, get out there and soak it up.

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

Dave / August 25, 2006 at 04:37 pm
I had no idea when I woke up this morning that today would be full of dicisions. Eat a Hot Dog? Or pet a Cute Dog? Why is life so hard!!!
rrrobyn / August 25, 2006 at 08:50 pm
it is amazing! sausages and mangos are two of my favourite things! i will even face some of my least favourite things to get them: crowds and being overwhelmed by too much stuff that is maybe not so good really. but but sausages and mangos! thank you, montreal!
Sara / August 26, 2006 at 10:41 am
it's funny, i'm normally very buggy about crowds. but there's something about street fair that makes it not only acceptable but enjoyable to squirm through the smokey hordes. sometimes i even talk to strangers.
JMac / August 26, 2006 at 11:05 am
What's with you people liking street fair? It's such an easy thing to be grumpy about -- the crowds, the giddy commercialism, the rampant thongs/lower back tattoo combos ... Oh, I get it, how controversial of you to like something you should obviously dislike. Jerks.
Sara / August 26, 2006 at 11:19 am
you know, it's getting very ugly, your jealously of my lower back tattoo.
JMac / August 26, 2006 at 12:17 pm
My jealousy isn't as ugly as your tattoo.
Sara / August 26, 2006 at 12:48 pm
that's IT, bitch. when i see you next i am totally going to scratch your eyes out with my acrylics. no thong-pulling.
More Info / March 31, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Valuable information. Fortunate me I found your web site unintentionally, and I'm shocked why this twist of fate
didn't happened in advance! I bookmarked it.