Tuesday, September 17, 2019Light Snow -5°C
City

Metro Roulette: Vendôme is where the heart is

Posted by Gabby / June 29, 2009

vendome_062909.jpg
If Montrealers tend to refer to parts of town according to the closest Metro station, then Vendôme metro belongs to NDG, breeding ground of hipsters and cool cats en tous genres. Sandwiched between the blue and the green line, a staple on the orange line, Vendôme is a transfer point for thousands of people every day, but very few of them take the time to appreciate their surroundings.

Vendôme station is mostly populated by Concordia University students (including yours truly), as well as commuters from Dorion-Riguaud, Blainville-Saint-Jerome and Delson-Candiac. On rush hour, it becomes a question of survival.

vendome1_062909.jpgThe station itself is a very modern piece of architecture, with futuristic lighting strips and solid concrete walls. All the natural light that comes into the station goes through panels of tinted glass and reflects on a peculiar spiral sculpture of stainless-steel tubes, designed by Marcelle Ferron (who also did the stained glass pieces inside Champs-de-Mars metro and was a member of the automatist movement).

Outside the station, there isn't a whole lot of stuff happening. Like some stations, you have to take a bus to get to where the fun really is. To the left, some buildings. To the right, more buildings. All around, a nice little waiting area, almost like a little park, with plenty of greenery and a few different bus stops.

vendome3_062909.jpgSo what is there to do around Vendôme? Take the bus! The 105 takes courageous commuters right into the hubbub of NDG: Sherbrooke West, home of so many great coffee shops, sushi restaurants, and fine food stores. A little bit further after Decarie is the Concordia University Loyola Campus, which is like a small university town in and of itself.

Some places I recommend: for a chill-out time, check out Café Shaika (5526 Sherbrooke W). For the best lasagna in town (in my opinion), pay Pasta Casareccia (5849 Sherbrooke W) a visit.

Paloma / June 30, 2009 at 12:01 am
My favourite Vendome destination is Restaurant Copoli, right across the street, for what they claim are the city's biggest burgers.
Caroline / June 30, 2009 at 09:45 am
As if you didn't mention Dad's Bagels. Freshly made bagels (very similar to St-Viateur bagels) and fantastic indian food? And open 24hours! I lived in NDG for 4 years, at various addresses and have to say it is one of the most eclectic neighbourhoods, with trendy spots and dirty ones too. Plus, vendome metro has some of the windiest doorways, sometimes seeming impossible to open.
allan / July 2, 2009 at 10:46 am
I have lived in the N.D.G. area for almost two years now.
There is always something new to discover in this area.
As for transportation, there are several bus routes, around the area.
And there little cafes, restaurants, depanneurs, fruits stores etc.
If he doesn't know what he is doing, mutual fund is the way to go. That might be counted as cheating in the class though.
Texas Holdem / December 18, 2009 at 09:33 pm
How much money should I bring on a 3 day trip to ottawa?
магазин icq / December 20, 2009 at 03:04 am
How do you make money auto racing legally?
Online MD / December 23, 2009 at 05:12 am
It sounds like his decision. Let him invest in Disney or Hershey's or the Green Bay Packers. Whatever he wants, and he'll probably learn more if he invests in a well-known company rather than a hedge fund.
Bert класный / December 28, 2009 at 09:56 pm
It is an enormous number — 1 billion+. Is there a more detail available?
800576 / June 23, 2011 at 10:40 am
What a lovely day for a 800576! SCK was here
Catering Services in Delhi / March 14, 2013 at 10:31 am
There are surely a whole lot of info like that to take on into consideration. Which is an incredible point to deliver up. I provide the ideas above as basic inspiration but obviously there are concerns just like the a single you deliver up where the most significant factor will probably be doing work in honest good faith. I don?t know if very best practices have emerged around factors like that, but I'm sure that your job is obviously identified like a honest online game. The two boys and ladies think the affect of just a second’s pleasure, for the relaxation of their life.
white wood blinds / February 13, 2014 at 01:18 am
Enter the French door. You do not wood venetian blinds have access to
this information. You will find so a lot far more selections for you everywhere, so that they
are taken care of before purchasing them. During the winter months, you might be aware
of cleaning care tips which protect your window blinds regularly.
table tennies guide / July 2, 2014 at 05:31 am
10 seed; his place in Vila Nova de Gaia; a place in American culture
and history, and rules of it. While she found the table tennis bat situation humiliating she also got quite a thrill from it.
Pretty basic stuff but fun in a family friendly way. There were two associations developed, one for ping pong.

Serving: The game commences with a toss, and the Table Tennis Association" registered in the
year at all. However, have you ever considered playing table tennis regularly.
Vilma P. Orte / September 20, 2014 at 06:01 pm
I read this piece of writing fully on the topic of the difference of hottest and preceding technologies, it's remarkable article.
Maybelle C. Cardone / October 7, 2014 at 12:13 pm
With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or
copyright violation? My site has a lot of unique content I've either
written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the
internet without my authorization. Do you know any
techniques to help stop content from being stolen? I'd definitely appreciate it.
Elis / February 4, 2015 at 06:55 am
When you have replied after 7 years, how do you execpt the reply immediately.Be Patient. Just wait for 7 more years to receive the reply.I use it every day.
imgur / October 20, 2015 at 02:39 am
It means that you get total discounts at the time of subscription. One should keep in mind that
communication lines for live support are kept open for paid accounts, who are given top priority.
These methods are extremely efficient, saving companies and employees time and money.
usa cvv / August 25, 2019 at 07:44 am
?o?dy woud you mind stating which blog platform you're us?ng?
I'm looking t? start my oown blo? soon but I'm having a hard time
deciding between Blo?Engine/Wordp?ess/B2evolution and D?upal.
The reason ? ask is because yo?r design and styl? seeems
diffe?ent th?n most blogs and I'm lo?king for something
unique. P.S ?orr? for gettiung off-topic but I