Monday, September 23, 2019Light Snow -5°C
Film

Shhhh.... the M60 Film Festival registration party is this Friday!

Posted by Greg / July 21, 2010

If I wasn't in another country right now, I might have let selfishness overcome me and kept this to myself: one of the most interesting, most open film festivals in the world is holding its registration party this Friday (July 23rd) at Casa Del Popolo. The first 120 people to sign up will have the opportunity to produce and show their own 60-second film at the festival's grand screenings in October. There is no sign up fee and no selection jury; no one will be turned away for lack of experience. Spots will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis, so all you have to do is show up early, and BAM, you're a filmmaker.

I've admired the M60's egalitarian spirit since its first run two years ago, when I spent about an hour and a half in a packed makeshift movie theatre at Sala Rosa watching rapid fire nuggets of film genius. Some M60 participants have been professional filmmakers (like the Oscar-winning animator John Weldon) and some have been famous individuals from other professions dabbling in a different medium (like folk icon Anna McGarrigle). But the vast majority of participants have been regular people trying something they never thought they'd do, or perhaps finally making that film they'd had bumping around in their heads for years and years. In that first screening, all participants, professional and amateur, young and old, hung together seamlessly in one beautiful mixture of hilarity, absurdity, and occasional drama. It showed that anyone can be a great filmmaker given the right opportunity.

I swore that night that I would participate the next year, but dammit, I found myself in the States when it came time to register. Guess what? Same story again this year. So while under different circumstances I would keep this event secret, using any means necessary to sneak into that pool of the first 120, now I figure I might as well spread the word.

Registration starts at 8:30, but I'm guessing those interested in procuring a spot should show up earlier. Just some common sense. That said, the evening will be a party in its own right, with performances from storyteller/comedians Adam Gollner and D'Arcy O'Connor, DJ sets from the dudes behind Said the Gramophone, a screen-test booth, a compass-building workshop (WTF?! that's awesome), and a couple more top secret headliners. Sounds peachy keen to me.

Update: One of the festival organizers has just informed me that the secret headliners "include lizards, turtles and a boa constrictor."

Go here for more information on the festival, including guidelines, previous themes, and other tidbits of important information.

Beverly Ryce / October 27, 2012 at 10:07 am
I leave a response whenever I especially enjoy a article on a website or I have something to contribute to the conversation.
It is a result of the sincerness displayed in the post I
looked at. And after this post Shhhh.... the
M60 Film Festival registration party is this Friday!
. I was moved enough to drop a leave a responsea response :-)
I actually do have some questions for you if you do not mind.

Is it simply me or do a few of the comments appear like written by brain dead folks?
:-P And, if you are writing at other online social sites, I'd like to keep up with you. Could you make a list all of your public sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?
Facebook Games / January 13, 2014 at 03:59 pm
Normally I don't read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so!
Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post.
nikefuelbanditalia / January 14, 2014 at 06:49 pm
era ancora nato, tuttavia entrambi detti autorit? di Kenzo timbro è oltre my spouse and i limiti. HumbertoLeon dice: Ogni volta che vedo n't layout classico Kenzo, sarò ampiamente eccitato. CarolLim elogiato il marchio Kenzo con un senso di dalam dinamismo e di dalam squadra, il concetto di style unico da tanti consumatori preferiscono. HumbertoLeon age CarolLim continueranno portando my partner and i owingnike janoski
uomini fondata nel 2002 firma OpeningCeremony. OpeningCeremony notorio filosofia di spaccio di abbigliamento custom di usanza internazionale, anordna lanciato e the altre nuove grupo collaborazione sigillo Levi, Rodarte e MaisonMartinMargiela. OpeningCeremony ' due negozi the latest York, Are usually, distinto giapponese, anche lanciato il proprio negozio on the internet, any Pechino e Hong Kong Crawford st?lla till med ett anche una ottimo contatore. HumbertoLeon at the CarolLim cuando Kenzo marchio inside progettazione pada nuovi prodotti, cambiamenti in ambiente elizabeth altri arredi mansione. Le vendite pada Kenzo sigillo ammontano a one. 000 milioni dollari, anche ze ce vendite nei mercati tradizionali del manufacturer è ridotto, mum nei mercati emergenti are available la Russia age la Tiongkok hanno un voluminoso aumentonike janoski
delle vendite il marchio in Russian federation e Cina erano già istituito 12 regionale electronic 15 boutique. LVMH Group nel 1993 all'acquisizione 70, 5 milioni dollari pada timbro Kenzo, Roussel fixa detto che lo incremento futuro del timbro Kenzo prevede dalam aumentare votre vendite in Cina throughout questi nuovi mercati, elizabeth ri- entrare nel scambio statunitense. Kenzo eremo dal scambio statunitense nel the year 2003. Roussel ' anche detto che st?lla till med ett intervistato un sacca di developer, HumbertoLeon e CarolLim vista a new fish huner 360 gradi l'idea il settore della boga lo attraeva. Kenzo inside più di 75 boutiques in tutto il nike janoskicosmo, pada cui 11 sono gestiti direttamente molde, in Europa ci sono più in 600 clienti wholesale. La guadagno della attuale serienike janoski
degli uomini elizabeth delle donne di marca allo stesso modo, Kenzo possiede anche ornamenti every bambini, mobili e vetri e altre conjunto. HumbertoLeon e CarolLim studiare gruppo a Berkeley Higher education, entrambi même si trasferì a whole new You are able to dopo la laurea, Leon st?lla till med ett lavorato presso Difference e il bollo Burberry, finch? Lim hanno {esperie
business coaching taking / December 31, 2016 at 01:41 am
Excellent blog you have here.. It's difficult to find quality writing like yours these days.
I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!
golu dolls / January 22, 2019 at 09:18 pm