Tuesday, January 21, 2020Light Snow -5°C

Crisps Montrealers Are Missin’ Out On

Posted by Dave / December 8, 2005

Lays-ChiliLimon.jpgI am currently in lovely San Diego, CA, on another Midnight Poutine Culinary Adventure to discover the world’s best crisps. I popped out to the grocery store on my first night to simply pick up a pack of the exceptional Lays Guacamole Crisps. They unfortunately did not have what I was looking for. However, what I discovered was quite a surprise……

...Lays Chili Limon Crisps!

I get back to my room and rip the pack open. The result was very surprising. I was expecting to get a hit of Chili flavour with a follow up of “Limon”. But instead, I got the citrus taste before the chip was even in my mouth. That flavour is then followed up with the hit of Chili.

The odd thing is that these two flavours don’t exactly go together. The Lays Limon Crisps is by far one of the worst crisps I have ever had. The addition of Chili is a great improvement, however still doesn’t live up to the standards that we here at Midnight Poutine have grown to expect.

It is for these reasons that I must give Lays Chili Limon a 6 out of 10. It’s a pass, but it will get a crap job when it grows up.

Maraska / December 8, 2005 at 04:18 pm
I really like lime chips but I dunno about Lays, it's sort of like getting a recommendation to go to Red Lobster for a fine dining experience (Frito-Lay is owned by PepsiCo). Get out of your hotel room and go to one of the many amazing taquerias in SD. If you're really starving look for some Tim's Cascade Style. Now those are good chips.

Dave / December 8, 2005 at 04:30 pm
I am unfortunately working 14 hour days, so my options are unfortunately limited. However, the makers of Lays also make Walker's in the UK, which have some of the best crisps ever tasted by mankind.

Maraska / December 8, 2005 at 05:39 pm
I'll have to try those the next time I'm in the UK. Have you noticed how things have different flavours for North America? Like Cadbury's chocolate is a billion times better in the UK and Terry's chocolate oranges here are definitley not as good here. It's like they dumb the flavour down for North America.
Tanja / January 17, 2006 at 04:06 am
Had these when i was in Texas a few weeks back and one part of me thought they were awesome while the other have was tempted to spit them right out the window of the car going 80mph... of course, knowing that the air pressure would have that spit fly inward and sting my eye.. i opted to eat them.
yazh.co / July 8, 2014 at 11:08 am
We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
Your web site providedd us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole
community will be thankful to you.
Stephanie / September 30, 2014 at 08:16 am
Good way of explaining, and pleasant article to get facts
on the topic of my presentation topic, which i am going to
convey in academy.
does unlock her legs work / October 1, 2014 at 09:52 pm
Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content.
Please let me know. Thank you