Thursday, September 19, 2019Light Snow -5°C

Wieners and Losers

Posted by John / July 10, 2006

dogs.jpgLast week I headed to New York to check out the Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest with photographer/friend Liam Maloney. We put together a feature for the Saturday edition of the Gazette, but that version sadly doesn't come with photos. However, we also put together a slideshow for the website, which should more than satisfy anyone's hot-dog-eating-contest photo needs.

I took some video as well, which I'll try to post when I get a chance.

Jer / July 10, 2006 at 07:12 pm
Wow. It's not often I get to hear your "serious" voice.
How very sexy.
rrrobyn / July 10, 2006 at 10:48 pm
i love the slideshow + commentary! i am also in awe of the crowd and anyone who could watch the event - the photos alone did not make me feel good in my digestive zone. (though i really want hotdogs now...)

also: "international federation of competitive eating" ??
J Mac / July 10, 2006 at 11:39 pm
The IFOCE is the real deal, at least in terms of it existing. They run events all year long, have a roster of athletes who are forbidden from competing in unsanctioned events, etc. But it's also, as far as I can tell, a joke, in that nothing they do is <i>really</i> serious, and it's also also a component in an elaborate PR machine built to make money for the IFOCE founders by running events sponsored by food companies. But, yeah, the real deal. More or less.
Hannah / July 11, 2006 at 09:39 am
Yes, serious voice. Where did you find that? Also, how great that the last photo in the slide show is a too perfect marketing tool for Liam (check out the election signs...)
Sean / July 11, 2006 at 09:41 am
Man, great slideshow. I couldn't get the mustard smell plugin on my browser to work though.
hannah / July 11, 2006 at 01:28 pm
Sean, you joke about the mustard plugin, but next year when John covers the eatalottadog conference, he's bringing his smellophone with him. It's true, the Japanese are capable of anything. Anything. <a href="http://tinyurl.com/r5y3l";>http://tinyurl.com/r5y3l<;/a>
Triconfort Resin Furniture / November 23, 2014 at 09:45 pm
Some professionals will be frequently visited
grosfillex bahia chairs and used. Viro Fiber, Rehau Fiber and Sunbrella
Choices. TROPEZ dining chairs and creates a modern outdoor furniture in a grosfillex
bahia chairs total of 117 colors. But how do you know
your furniture can resist mild dew. Modern patio outdoor furniture helps to keep it from rusting.

It is grosfillex bahia chairs possible too. A generously oversized umbrella above the surface from weathering.
Basically, what the options, head to Calico Corners in Altamonte Springs.
Wheeleez / January 4, 2015 at 06:30 am
The Giant Beach Ball now at beach carts for sale vat19.
Thank you Prince Felix, you have sunscreen you want to stay entertained for hours.
salesforce release notes / January 9, 2015 at 01:27 am
If you try to open files in the Dropbox folder direct from Adobe Inventive Suite or Microsoft Word or eccel - the applications all still
crash.
uptown funk cover / January 9, 2015 at 12:37 pm
How it compares to Spotify: Pandora makes it possible for customers to effortlessly listen without obtaining to
search for tracks or develop a playlist.
http://0ax.de/howtopool206065 / May 16, 2015 at 02:57 am
This is one way i arranged the Intex 18' pool a year ago.
Serena / May 17, 2015 at 07:15 pm
You should note which although some day container providers
provide an optional gas cooler to end up being pre-installed at the time fish tank, this kind of petroleum coolers are
not selected to be used through a certain engine and
also might generate reduction of just a fraction related with the
required temperature load from the diesel.
10u.nl / May 18, 2015 at 12:56 am
I go to college in Canada and we just learned about this
in class. Thanks for helping me with the final part of
my report.
www.pinterest.com / July 17, 2015 at 10:18 am
It's not a super effortless assignment, but doable inside
of a few hours.
home business / October 29, 2016 at 08:51 am
Hi there I am so delighted I found your web site, I really found you
by error, while I was browsing on Google for something else, Anyways I am
here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through
it all at the minute but I have saved it and also
included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
read more, Please do keep up the fantastic b.
compact hydraulic jack / February 23, 2018 at 07:17 am
fantastic points altogether, you simply gained a logo new reader.
What would you suggest about your submit that you
made a few days ago? Any certain?