Sunday, October 13, 2019Light Snow -5°C

A Little Taste of Euro-Deli

Posted by Kim / August 14, 2008

20080814_eurodeli1.jpgIt’s no hidden gem, but I get the feeling that people may be passing Euro-Deli by out of fear that it’s your average, if not sub-par, cheap pizza slice place. If you are one of those, this one’s for you! Euro-Deli is no 4-star resto, but offers up some of the best cheap grub I’ve come across in a long time.

First of all, the pizza! It is leaps and bounds above the quality of pizza slices offered in the same price bracket; consistently fresh, with a thin crust and a perfect amount of cheese to make it just oily enough to still be considered junk food. Most of the time, our order consists of the cheese slice, but when they have other toppings available, they look very promising. In the mood for something a little different last time, we got the slice smothered in pesto, which added a real kick to an already fine slice of pizza.

20080814_eurodeli3.jpg

20080814_eurodeli4.jpgAnother fav is their “calzone.” While I prefer the spinach one, packed with spinach and cheese, pressed between soft, slightly salty focaccia-like bread, the ham and cheese is also quite tasty. A thick layer of ham sits below gooey, melted Swiss cheese and soft mounds of creamy ricotta. The size of the serving is quite big, perfect if you’re very hungry, but mostly, it’s ideal to share it.
20080814_eurodeli2.jpgEspecially if you combine it with one of Euro-Deli’s vegetarian antipasto platters. Several types of olives, marinated eggplant, sundried tomatoes, all drizzled with a healthy does of olive oil and surrounded by toasted bread. It’s light and zingy, and a great complement to the ham and cheese calzone.
20080814_eurodeli5.jpgIt’s an easy-going, relaxed place, and an ideal spot for people-watching, with its big open windows and sitting-stoop outside. Extremely affordable, simple, fantastic food – Euro-Deli is a welcome sight on St-Lo.

Euro-Deli
3619 boulevard Saint-Laurent
(514) 843-7853

Lee / August 14, 2008 at 01:37 pm
You know what was sad? When Mondo Fritz closed. That really sucked.

But Euro Deli is great too!
OJ / August 14, 2008 at 08:30 pm
it was sad when Mondo Fritz closed! - Kim your photo's make the food look even better.
Matt Scanzano / August 19, 2008 at 12:57 pm
As the owners son, and future owner of Euro-deli i have to correct you on your judgement of ingredients on our ham and cheese calzone. we do not use swiss cheese in any of our recipes and you forgot our focaccia that we actually server in the mornings other than sunday. And of course we have way more of a selection than just pizza and calzones (b.t.w. you forgot to mention the sausage calzone), we serve soups, lasagna, eggplant Parmesan, manicotti, a variety of salads and much more. Good job on the pictures though. A big hit of ours is our primavera pizza which consists of no meat for vegetarians.
Rudi / February 4, 2015 at 05:44 am
I had a beer the day beorfe my BFP too. Like 8 hours beorfe. I had gotten a BFN that morning though....@shopaholic: I'm back in to caffeine too. I quit for a few weeks but discovered by accident (sipped husband's beverage) that it made me feel AMAZINGLY better, and since i've felt so crappy this whole time, I'll tke what I can get. I drink those aspartame-filled crystal light caffeinated packets. haha.I *really* want sushi. But all the rolls i like have the raw fish and I can't pull the trigger on ordering it. I sometimes wish i could just forget I know the 'no-no' foods!!Like, until this thread i didn't know you aren't supposed to eat soft serve? WTF? :-(
Florida / May 4, 2016 at 10:09 pm
You have got interesting articles here. Your site can go viral, you
need some initial traffic only. How to get initial traffic?

Search google for: marihhu's tips
golu dolls / February 10, 2019 at 09:26 pm