Monday, September 23, 2019Light Snow -5°C

Pretty Plates @ Fuchsia

Posted by Carolyn / March 5, 2009

20090503Fuschia3.com

Located on the corner of Coloniale and Duluth, Fuchsia may look like just another quaint plateau apartment, but beneath its inconspicuous exterior lies a truly epicurean experience. Inside the charming, cozy restaurant, visitors will uncover a treasure trove of enticing aromas and home-cooked gourmet goodness.

The warm and inviting ambiance of this neighborhood joint is immediately noticeable—decorated in weathered wood with a robin’s egg blue ceiling and adorable accoutrements everywhere, like fresh flowers, shelves of books, and tea candles, the restaurant has the feel of a friend’s quirky apartment. The owner’s big friendly dog Tiko sits lazily at the window, greeting customers and adding to the homey vibe. Fuchsia decidedly recreates the feel of a plateau apartment, but one that features healthy and innovative vegetarian meals and mouth-watering desserts cooked fresh daily. A dessert display on the signature fuchsia countertop tempts visitors with a decadent three-layer chocolate cake, three varieties of cookies, and platter of almond cupcakes.

20090503Fuchsia1.com

Shelves of homemade mixed sugars and salts, herbal teas, lavender coffee and soy candles are available for purchase. Beautifully packaged jasmine-orange and rose flavored hot chocolate mixes would make a beautiful and unique gift for any foodie.

20090503Fuchsia2.com

The all-vegetarian menu changes daily and virtually never repeats itself. One set-priced meal (around $12) is served each day, which includes a drink, entrée, and dessert. The meal came with a choice of hot or cold drink, served in jars. I chose the delicious herbal cardamom and ginger tea over the cold option of passion fruit juice. The main dish consisted of delicious black bean cakes with basmati rice, sweet potato and chipotle chili puree and tropical fruit salsa, topped with an edible orchid. The puree, most aptly described as lightly spiced mashed sweet potatoes, was delectable and easily the highlight of the meal. The day's particular meal was vegan, and they are also sometimes gluten-free. The entrée was followed by Mexican hot chocolate, a little cup of spicy chocolate pudding made with a mixture of spices including anise and cinnamon. Creamy and with a spicy kick, it was hands down the best chocolate pudding I’ve ever had. Snack pack pudding is no competition for this unusual dessert.

20090503Fuchsia4.com

With pretty plates and whimsical, pretty decor, this family-run neighborhood joint is worth stopping by for some eclectic vegetarian fare served up in a homey and casual atmosphere. Fuchsia opens at noon for lunch and dinner on Tuesday through Saturday, and is now open for Sunday brunch.

Fuschia
4050 Coloniale

e / March 6, 2009 at 02:03 am
yum!
TIsha / March 21, 2009 at 12:08 pm
This very much sounds like an interesting restaurant. I've never tried dining in a vegetarian restaurant, and honestly I've never had any urge of doing so until now. the beautifully adorn plates coupled with an exotic twist on their dishes has set my curious mind into wandering and my stomach into tingling. Suddenly I wished that this restaurant existed within quick driving miles from my place.
There is a similar 'homey-vibe' restaurant/cafe found near my neighborhood, by the so-called Edgemont Village in the north shores of Vancouver. It's a family-run restaurant offering Canadian/North American brunch comfort foods from pancakes to eggs bennedicts. It's called The Bakehouse cafe and I truly recommend their pumpkin pie!
I have been reading on your blogsite recently hoping to nourish my inquisitive mind on Montreal's culinary scene. So far I can say that I've almost tasted Montreal through you and I thank you! Keep it up! Looking forward to visiting all the restaurants you've featured when I finally get to visit the east. Cheers!
Amanda / February 4, 2015 at 02:02 am
I just got this bag in my hands tonight at work. I work at a very pouplar bar in FL. We actually do ALOT of cancer benefits every year. I was working about 5 weeks ago and seen this bag with a customer at the bar. I immediately stopped in my tracks and asked her where I could get one for my Mother. My Mother is a 7 time, 2 type (skin/breast) cancer survivor and has been clean for almost a year now. I cannot wait to give her this bag tomorrow. It is going to completely make her day/year. Thankfully the customer I seen with the bag is a consultant of Beijo ! Thank you Denise More !!!Denise also informed me that she takes a portion of proceeds from this bags sales and donates it to a single mom with cancer each year. AMAZING. People like you change the world I LOVE YOU MOM !
bus system / February 17, 2017 at 08:16 pm
It's genuinely very complex in this active life to listen news on Television, thus I simply use web for
that reason, and get the newest news.
gbwhatsapp apk / June 5, 2018 at 12:52 am
Hi, its fastidious post on the topic of media print, we all
understand media is a great source of facts.
golu dolls / February 2, 2019 at 06:26 am