Monday, September 23, 2019Light Snow -5°C
Food, Restaurants

Bonjour Supermarché

Posted by Stefan / August 8, 2010

front bonjour.jpg Tucked inside the ground floor of a bleak apartment complex at the corner of du Fort and Maisonneuve, Bonjour Supermarché could easily be overlooked by passerby. But within its bodega dimensions the vibrant market strikes a winning formula of quality and affordability that makes homemade Chinese food accessible.
noodles.jpg Three things make this grocer stand out. First, the range of products. Despite its tiny size, Bonjour offers an impressive breadth of items imported from China, Korea, and Japan. Alongside countless noodles, sauces, and dried goods, the aisles are lined with otherwise hard to find varieties of meat, seafood, tofu and produce. Items include thinly sliced lamb (perfect for hot pots), pork knuckle, chicken feet, dried shrimp, Szechuan pepper, Chinese broccoli, several varieties of fresh and dried mushroom, kelp, homemade kimchi, and dozens of snacks and beverages that I've yet to work through. Second, the prices. Just about everything sells for significantly less than at other neighborhood grocers. Random sampling: edamame ($2.49 for a bag), soft tofu ($1.69), enoki mushrooms ($1.69 for 300 g), large bag of dried noodles (the good stuff, not the instant stuff - $3.99), udon noodles ($0.69). Third, fresh items like pork buns and tea eggs are sold ready-to-eat. They also have pre-made dim sum and dumplings that can be taken home and steamed.

Put simply, Bonjour Supermarché is a compact and comprehensive grocery store with traditional and modern items from all over Asia. It's cheap, it's inviting, and it has everything you need to make great food at home.
veggies.jpg

Bonjour Supermarché
2070, boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest
Montreal, QC H3H 1K8
(514) 904-1804

Maria / August 8, 2010 at 06:28 pm
I love this place! The owners are super nice.
S / August 8, 2010 at 10:04 pm
Funny you mention that...I meant to include it in the write-up. They are incredibly helpful, and seem genuinely happy to be running the place. I went in once, described a meal I'd just eaten in a restaurant, and they led me to the ingredients that I needed to make it myself. Warm, lovely place.

Torontonian / August 11, 2010 at 01:00 pm
The plural of passerby is passersby.
Sarah / November 13, 2013 at 05:43 pm
Someone told me they are expanding. They make great dumplings.
engagement pictures dallas / December 9, 2014 at 03:51 pm
If you wish for to increase your know-how only keep visiting this site and be updated with the newest
information posted here.
stop my divorce / September 5, 2016 at 05:35 pm
Thanks so much pertaining to giving uus an update on this
topic on your web site. Please understand that if a fresh post
appears or in case any adjustments occur on the current submission, I would consider reading more
and findding out how to make good use of those approaches you talk about.
Thanks for your time and consideration oof other men and women by making this blog available.
tallest roller coaster / October 24, 2016 at 03:42 pm
always i used to read smaller posts which also clear their motive,
and that is also happening with this article which I am reading at this time.