Tuesday, April 25, 2017Light Snow -5°C

Affordable Montreal Valentines Day Restaurants: Les Trois Petits Bouchons, Le Comptoir Charcuteries et Vins, Restaurant Zero8, and Crudessence

Posted by Amie / February 10, 2011

Comptoir Charcuteries et VinsLuc would probably say don't go to a restaurant for Valentines Day because it's too predictable or expensive, and for the most part I agree. But there are a few restaurant options that are either less run-of-the-mill, offer vegetarian or vegan options, or ooze an appropriate amount of romance for the occasion while keeping prices reasonable and quality exceptional.

For vegans, vegetarians, lactose-intolerants, celiacs, or those who have 1 of the 8 major food allergies or intolerances and are sick of not being able to eat anything at restaurants: Restaurant Zero8

On the 11th, 12th, and 13th of February Latin Quarter restaurant Zero8 will have two seatings for their special Valentines Day table d'hote. It's way overpriced at $65 per person for pretty standard bistro fare, and there's STILL only one vegetarian/vegan option on the menu, but if you're a meat-eater with allergies or other dietary restrictions, this is a place with a quasi-romantic atmosphere where you won't have to worry about "traces of" wheat, dairy, or nuts hiding in the food. That alone may be a good Valentines Day gift.

"Raw", Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten-Free:Crudessence on Rachel

For ambiance you're going to want to come to the Crudessence on Rachel, not the newer one of Mackay. The atmosphere on Rachel is more relaxed (though it's also more drafty...) and you won't feel like people are rushing around you with plates and bowls, full of stress, and inhibited chakras, though for Valentines weekend there will probably be enough love in the restaurants' air to work its way into even the most inhibited of chakras. New Crudessence on MackayNew Crudessence on Mackay

The food at either location won't weigh you down, leaving you feeling light and full of energy (not stuffed with food) for the rest of the evening with your significant other to do with as you choose (the evening and the "other").

Le Comptoir Charcuteries et Vins - Albacore Tuna with Eggplant PuréeAlbacore tuna with Eggplant Puree

For an affordable glass of amazing wine and reasonably priced stellar small plates: Le Comptoir Charcuteries et Vins

Here you'll find a great atmosphere with all natural organic and biodynamic wines from Sommelier Jack Jacob. Prices are ridiculously low for the quality food and wine ($5 a glass of wine and $10 for a board of in-house-made charcuteries). The restaurant is also surprisingly vegetarian-friendly, with a constantly changing menu of Quebec comfort food done upscale: pissaladière or tomato tart. Still, when you come here it's all about the lamb shoulder confit, the smoked, grilled mackerel, and the charcuterie. I would, however, recommend asking for the eggplant purée that comes with the albacore tuna, but without the tuna, ridiculous as that sounds...Good luck getting a table, but if you do you could be enjoying one of the best Valentines Day restaurant experiences in the city. For the truly romantic, take a tour of the cold-room in the basement where the pigs are hanging. If that doesn't turn you on I don't know what will...

Romantic (but not disgustingly fake) Wine Bar: Les Trois Petits Bouchons

It's probably already completely booked because this is one of the most stereotypically romantic French, subterranean wine caves in the city, but if you can get in you'll have a great time. The bistro menu is more expensive than Comptoir Charcuteries et Vins, but it also offers more variety. Here the kitchen isn't open and the focus is clearly on the all-natural wines offered by the knowledgeable sommeliers. You're much better off here than an overpriced Old Port restaurant.

If you really must go to the Old Port and have some money to burn try one of the very well-made cocktails at Barrocco or splurge on an appetizer to share or a full dinner from their new menu. The dark, rock and wood decor makes it feels as though the restaurant was built with Valentines Day in mind.

caille-a-la-plancha-planked-quail-comptoir-charcuterie-et-vin.jpgLe Comptoir's Planked Quail

If you're into happy hour specials at a place you never thought you could afford, restaurant DNA offers half price on Canadian bottles Monday-to Friday 5pm-7pm (from a VERY impressive, lengthy wine list of mostly private imports). You'll discover a gem of a bottle you probably would and could never otherwise try. $60 bottles for $30 is a splurge that's very much worthwhile if you're into wine.

Latanya / June 18, 2013 at 08:37 am
The homepage of a website is usually the first one to get indexed.

" I might want to narrow my keywords down to a certain city, if I thought there would be a lot of locals that might be searching for my product. I use Google Analytics, Google Adsense and Statcounter to monitor performance.
hypnosis video / January 28, 2014 at 12:35 am
Fantastic beat ! I wish tto apprentice at the same tkme as yyou amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog web site?

The account helped me a appropriate deal.

I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided shiny transparnt idea

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 27 in /home/freshdaily/midnightpoutine.ca/freshdaily/framework/models/entry.php on line 62
Patric / February 4, 2015 at 01:20 am
Thank you so much for the template! My theme this year is suherperoes and I added a text to them for our TEST - "We are SUPER test takers!" They turned out so cute!
Automated Income Systems / May 23, 2015 at 01:44 am
I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this website.
I am hoping to check out the same high-grade content from you later on as well.
In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my very own website now ;)
website marketing / May 26, 2015 at 01:23 am
May I simply just say what a relief to discover someone who truly knows what they are discussing online.
You actually know how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
More people must check this out and understand this side of your story.
I was surprised that you're not more popular because you definitely possess the gift.
13 assassins stream / May 28, 2015 at 04:39 am
I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also
visit this web site on regular basis to take updated from
latest reports.
all the time i used to read smaller articles that also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this
article which I am reading at this place.
team umizoomi vs the shape bandit / June 4, 2015 at 05:09 pm
While there are Dora the Explorer and Go,
Diego, Go. 6% as many video views as kingpin You - Tube received (an estimated 6.
Umizoomi Shape Bandit Puppets - Print out and
make these puppets featuring the main chaaracters in the "Shape Bandits" special
episode.
menjual wallpaper dinding / June 29, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Hi, its good piece of writing regarding media print, we all be aware of media is a impressive source of facts.
Aw, this was a very good post. Taking the time and actual effort to make a very good
article… but what can I say… I put things off a lot and don't manage to get anything done.
hipnotizar / August 11, 2015 at 07:57 pm
belajar hipnosis Tips Mudah Berlatih Hipnoterapi Hipnoterapi merupakan sebuah kegiatan yang biasa dilakukan oleh dokter dan psikolog dengan tujuan untuk melakukan penyembuhan terhadap pasien. Anda bisa menyentuh
pundak pasien anda buat membuatnya lebih rileks. While there is research being conducted in this area, no one is able to predict which
people will develop PTSD.
?????? / August 11, 2015 at 11:06 pm
Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your web site accidentally, and I am
shocked why this twist of fate didn't came about in advance!
I bookmarked it.
les meilleurs coques iphone 5s / September 24, 2015 at 11:25 am
They informed that the plastic cover on the back of the i
- Phone would have a protective film to ensure that the cover stays scratchproof.
The middle extend can be removed for the summer months and then replaced when the
season turn makes the leather middle covers are lower possible to justification you to
perspire. This can at times be irritating
especially if you need to immediately use your phone.
http://rohkeat.com/ / May 25, 2016 at 05:02 pm
I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here.
The sketch is attractive, your authored subject
matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you wish be
delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly
again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.
credit monitoring agencies / May 28, 2016 at 09:10 am
For most recent news you have to pay a quick visit world-wide-web and on the web I found this
site as a best website for most recent updates.
Devon / October 3, 2016 at 10:53 pm
Thank you for every other informative website. Where else may just I am getting that kind of information written in such a perfect approach?
I've a venture that I'm simply now operating on, and I've been on the
look out for such information.
Soila / February 11, 2017 at 08:12 pm
I'm amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come
across a blog that's equally educative and interesting, and let me tell
you, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that not enough
men and women are speaking intelligently about.
I am very happy I found this in my search for something
regarding this.