Wednesday, September 18, 2019Light Snow -5°C
Media

Q Comes to Montreal

Posted by Sarah / June 24, 2008

ghomeshi-jianLike most of us here at Midnight Poutine, I have a day job. I spend about 40 hours a week sitting in an office, answering phones. It's a pretty boring job to tell you the truth, but the thing that really makes my job bearable is the fact that I'm in a position where I can listen to CBC Radio One all day. The highlight of my workday is Jian Ghomeshi's show, Q. Well, this coming Thursday, Q is coming to Montreal covering a variety of events, and while they're at it they'll also be recording a show with a live audience.

Q is my personal "daily dose of arts, culture and entertainment" as the show's tag line clearly states it. Along with Craig Norris, Amanda Putz, Sook Yin Lee and George Stroumboulopoulos, Jian is one of my favorite CBC hosts. In my dream-heaven projected picture, I'm sitting on a cloud, hanging out with all these guys.

Along with a variety of generally arts oriented guests, Ghomeshi often has some pretty awesome musical guests on his show. In the past few weeks alone, he has welcomed great artists (whose shows we also happened to cover here at Midnight Poutine) like Hey Rosetta!, Los Campesinos!, Martha Wainwright and so on. They often have some pretty pertinent things to say and I really love Jian's interviewing style and the way it leads into interesting insights on the guests' art and themselves as individuals.

Thursday, June 26th, the Q team will be setting up in The Société des Arts Technologiques at 1195 Saint-Laurent boulevard and welcoming fans like me into the "studio" for the recording of the show. The free tickets are already sold out, with hundreds still on the waiting list to attend, I was lucky enough to get a couple of them and will be reporting the outcome to you later on this week.

Photo provided by CBC.ca

Paloma / June 24, 2008 at 08:41 pm
I would love him more if I could pronounce his name.
Sarah / June 24, 2008 at 08:48 pm
I just love how it rolls on the tongue.
(no euphemism intended)
anne / June 24, 2008 at 09:42 pm
jian was the highlight of my boring, unemployed winter....

i have free tix, and i'm soooo stoked. do you think he'll sign my bra?

Paloma / June 24, 2008 at 10:25 pm
Wait - I thought it was Ghomeshi?
Sarah / June 24, 2008 at 10:30 pm
It is.
GHod I'm an idiot. (!)
Sorry. Typo fixed.
thanks Paloma.
kim / June 25, 2008 at 10:50 am
I was lucky enough to get in there early and get a few tickets - looking forward to this show!
Sarah / June 25, 2008 at 02:16 pm
Apparently Jian loves Montreal too.
Mado takes his to La Banquise to try some world-famous poutine on today's show.
woo.
Jer / June 26, 2008 at 09:41 pm
Sorry, with all this I love Jian, I love strombo going on, I couldn't resist:

Sarah / June 26, 2008 at 09:49 pm
awesome!

pompous, yes... but awesome. Love 'em both, even with their slightly enlarged ego. (again, no euphemism intended)
Aminou / February 4, 2015 at 01:00 am
horny dresses make the laeids a lot more appealing. Being a lady, being the centre of attention and seduce your significant other or spouse you'll absolutely be seeking some exclusive seductive attire and on the subject of hot attire Liberette may be the hottest name. Present day fashionable, trendy and classy laeids love carrying alluring attire from Liberette for many reasons.Why laeids love putting on Liberette's Pretty Dresses: The alluring dresses from Liberette are available fascinating models and colours. They are daring and beautiful. Liberette outfits assortment is for those who are looking out for the most current design attractive apparel,Distinctive Range of Girls Footwear. The awesome variety of sexy clothes range between sexy bikinis, micro Bikinis, luxury lingerie,Discount Christian Louboutin Shoes, mini dresses to every kind of glamour dress in. Liberette is probably the most wanted on the web style shops selling higher quality sexy lingerie and hot outfits,Christian Louboutin Sneakers. Sitting at your home the laeids get the most unique items for them. Ads by Google The luxury outfits of Liberette are available in a broad vary of dimensions, therefore,Higher Heel Footwear Profound Memoirs, you can get ideal sized attire no matter whether that you are slim or to the flabby facet. You can not have any doubt about acquiring great sized dresses that happen to be at ease and alluring as well. Liberette attire are made of quite substantial quality elements; they are light-weight, simple to carry and flaunt your whole body the best. The dresses from Liberette are incredibly versatile, snug and ideal to use in all seasons. To accomplish your glance you can pair them with some pleasant jewelleries, belts and extravagant sneakers. Liberette sexy dresses are so nicely designed that even a full figured lady would not obtain them uncomfortable to wear. They completely address up the spots you might be acutely aware of and display off your greatest assets. The sexy attire from Liberette adds a lot more attraction on your character, brings a category to your model and sets you apart from other adult females in the group with irresistible sexual intercourse attractiveness. The attractive club have on and get together attire catch everyone's eyes you and cause you to totally very hot. The fashionable mini dresses and miniskirts are great to wear in a very occasion. You will get incredible attire with halter necks, with sequins, minimal cuts, together with strapless alternatives. Ladies glance much more charming and sexy when she wears gown in black. Liberette sexy dresses in black may make you spectacular and glamorous any day. Strapless mini attire, flaunting a lot of pores and skin are daring and excellent for hotter months. By using a halter with large straps the women with much larger chests search fantastic whereas,Christian Louboutin Shoes, modest straps could make the women with smaller chests look exquisite. Just about every girl wants to be the centre of attraction in the bash and Liberette glamour put on are supposed to present you with the most beneficial look. You can select from innumerable types which will provide you with the specified appear,Christian Louboutin Wedges.Liberette may be the best on-line retailer for pretty dresses for girls. Searching at this on the net retail outlet you will get superb price reduction provides and get your choicest clothing at amazingly small rates,Christian Louboutin Sandals.
golu dolls / February 13, 2019 at 02:25 am