Sunday, January 19, 2020Light Snow -5°C
City, Media

The Week Without Poutine

Posted by Luc / January 12, 2011

mmpix-01122011 - mtlfromspace.jpg

We've had enough. It's time to take a stand. No longer are we going to put up with Jeremy's self centered podcasting and obsession with Erin Lang. It's time for us to share our glaring monopoly on the Montreal Blogosphere and spread the wealth (wealth = visitors).

The Week Without Poutine is a new weekly feature where we share with you, our loyal readers, the best of all the other Montreal based blogs that produce such wonderful content every single day. After all, blogging is about linking and sharing, not kicking and punching, and all you need is love, right John Lennon?

Honoring the CFCF 50th anniversary - Fagstein

Steve over at Fagstein provides some great links to celebrate the 50th birthday of one of Montreal's oldest TV Stations. Then he goes on a rant about how digital TV is the devil and wishes we still only received 6 channels.

Montreal From Space - SpacingMontreal
Self-explanatory and the lead image on this article. Good on Spacing to pick on this from NASA.

5 Wintery Things to do that are FREE!! - The Montreal Buzz
I'm actually not sure if this a blog or a Montreal City-Run site, but it's got a lot of cool stuff like 5 things to do in the city this Winter for Free, and Why Dancing at Igloo Fest is awesome.

PK Invites Marcus to the Habs Game - MarcusTroy
Marcus Troy is just barely a Montreal blogger, seeing as his posts are rarely about Montreal (most are about shoes), and he lists himself as living half in the states. Regardless, he is apparently pals with Toronto-Native-Playing-For-The-Team-He-Grew-Up-Hating PK Subban, and went down to the game the other night. Note what would be nice colorful pictures from inside the Bell Center have mysteriously lost their saturation.

Top 100 songs of 2010 - SaidTheGramaphone
Ok this post is actually a whole month old, but some of the tracks are still available for download and its definitely worth checking out.

NON-MONTREAL BLOG POST OF THE WEEK
OffBeat Photography - MyModernMet
Unfortunately, My Modern Metropolis is not based in Montreal (they are in L.A.), but their style suits our city anyway. The blog features incredible photo and culture collections, all usually with some type of added twist. They really have a knack for either A) Creating this stuff or B) Finding other people who do.

NON-POUTINE PHOTO OF THE WEEK
Mont-Royal Hot Dog Kiss - Street Scene
Although taken in the summer (I hope), it only came up in the newsfeed this week. It's also the picture featured below, in case you are linked-the-fuck-out at this point.

mmpix-01122011-hotdogkiss.jpg

Photo Courtesy of SpacingMontreal and NASA

Got an interest blog post you think maybe we missed? Do you have your own blog you think is better than everything here? Hit us up: luc@midnightpoutine.com

Marcus "Can I Live?" Troy / January 12, 2011 at 10:07 pm
Thanks for the post guys!

Love the commentary.

Fagstein / January 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm
I don't recall writing anything about digital TV being evil, or wanting fewer channels than we have now. I'm simply calling for more local programming.

I'm sure you're trying to be funny here, but either the joke is based on a false premise or it goes straight over my head.
Luc / January 13, 2011 at 08:54 am
It's all in good fun boys. Much love and respect for both your sites.

Steve - even I don't fully understand my jokes
Erin Lang / January 13, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Hey! i resemble that remark! hahahaha..
Patience / May 21, 2011 at 11:12 am
That saves me. Thanks for being so ssenible!
servere second enasistem / July 22, 2014 at 01:47 am
However, players in this industry still experience major challenges with regard to piracy and conspiracy of most of their products.
Original HP toner cartridges used in Laserjet CP2020 will provide you consistently with the same quality of results you can’t
expect from cheap or low quality HP CP2020 cartridges.

The internal memo says that sales will be conducted on HP's e - Bay store starting at 6:00 P.

servere second enasistem
http://tinyurl.com/pjjd3rg / October 9, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Ward has proven up at the secret base in Canada regarded as Providence.
He relates a mainly accurate tale about how HYDRA infiltrated and
took around The Fridge, launch the prisoners held there, and stole
the many potent alien artifacts and large tech weapons.
He leaves out the little bit about being a Hydra Agent of program
but tells the staff that he killed Agent Garrett.

Enjoying a consume with friends is a relaxing way to unwind.

And in moderation, ingesting alcohol can be good for you.
In point, analysis exhibits that average alcohol intake is
superior for the heart and may well enable us are living for a longer
time. Way to keep your speech quick is to have number of points in the physique of your speech much more than a few.
With a utmost of three points, you will have the self willpower to condense alternatively than amplify.
In arranging your product, acknowledge the simple fact
you will generally have extra material than you can cover and that you
will only incorporate substance that relates to 1 of the two
or 3 factors you program to make.
Dodge presented the 1969 Charger in quite a few distinct trim concentrations.
The base design was the Charger XP, which came with possibly a 255 cubic inch slant six cylinder engine for $3,020 or a 318 cubic
inch V8 for $3,126. The up amount Charger R/T (with the model designation XS) used Dodge's 440 cubic
inch V8 and charge $three,592.
Even so it came about, it really is now firmly portion of pop culture, and the most
important manufacturers (and their companies) can't assist
them selves. They arrive out with much more and extra creative techniques to make us
do a double just take or feel like idiots for a when. Some
are blatant, some others subtle or hardly recognizable as jokes.
Haiti Relief Organizations / October 11, 2014 at 08:33 am
I sent out on of the team to enter into town to locate some medicine, yet they had
no good fortune. The pastor who supervises the
orphanage was working on developing a tiny space to store
the meals in. The orphanage has enough food at the moment.
I understand the WFP came by and gave the orphanage some meals after the quake.
samsung ultrabook premium / December 15, 2014 at 11:28 am
Greetings I am so delighted I found your blog, I
really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Bing
for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a remarkable
post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to
read through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your
RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read
a great deal more, Please do keep up the superb work.
pevonia botanica / January 6, 2015 at 08:06 am
Consequently, what one sees is an emerging trend based upon increased information and a
greater regard for individual safety. Just add Archipelago Botanicals' Oat Milk Bath Salts, which heals damaged areas and banishes impurities
for soft, radiant skin. Just make sure that when you hit the plastic,
it's for something that makes you feel fantastic.
houston retail space leasing / February 17, 2017 at 08:08 pm
Hi there very nice website!! Guy .. Beautiful ..
Superb .. I'll bookmark your site and take the feeds also?

I am happy to seek out numerous useful info right
here within the publish, we'd like work out extra techniques on this
regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .