Wednesday, August 21, 2019Light Snow -5°C
Music

The Venue Revue: Dec 7 - 13, 2009

Posted by Gabby / December 6, 2009

venuerevue1206.jpgPhoto: "mogwai live at Metropolis Mtl", by Midnight Poutine flickr pooler instantkamera_photography.

This week in concerts: a slight slope to make space for end-of-term study binges; only a few notable shows, including a little bit of hardcore and a little bit of finger-fun.

Wednesday, Dec 9:
The Lost Fingers, Congress Hall
For those of you who didn't know "Congress Hall" was a venue in Montreal, we're in the same boat. Quebec city's The Lost Fingers has been building a nice reputation by making jazz/acoustic covers of the biggest singles of the 80's, including Billy Jean and Pump Up the Jam.

Wednesday, Dec 9:
Norma Jean w/ Horse the Band and others, La Tulipe
No, Marilyn Monroe isn't back from the dead - we're talking about the Douglasville, GA metalcore band Norma Jean. Traveling along is the "Nintendo-core" California group Horse the Band, that combines pure loudness with 8-bit sound bites. Worth checking out if you like Mario and wearing earplugs.

Thursday, Dec 10:
Matthew Good w/ Mother Mother, Metropolis
The Burnaby BC musician who was once part of one of "Canada's most successful rock bands" (The Matthew Good Band) is back on track, belting out his emotional turmoil in front of large audiences. If you enjoy watching people whose lives are even more screwed up than yours, this is the show for you.

Note: This is just a quick overview according to a highly-biased writer. There are plenty more shows out there that suit every genre and style preference. I personally use Stillepost (for smaller shows) and Pollstar (for bigger entertainers) for show listings.

Discussion

7 Comments

Ramadan / February 5, 2015 at 03:00 pm
user-pic
Hi Guys,Just passed my ICND1 exam woo hoo !!!. I used Trainsignal, CBT, Ciscopress & P4S ver 3 i had 70% from P4S but the other 30% were unkwonns well off to do my ICND2 i must say you have to understand the fundamentals if anyone has any question please let me know.Regards,AR
kanchipuramsarees / January 24, 2019 at 04:51 am
user-pic
Nice post
kanchipuramsarees / January 24, 2019 at 04:51 am
user-pic
Nice post
golu dolls / January 24, 2019 at 04:52 am
user-pic
Nice post
herbal powder / January 24, 2019 at 04:52 am
user-pic
Nice post

Add a Comment

Other Cities: Toronto