Saturday, December 14, 2019Light Snow -5°C
Weekend Playlist Podcast

Montreal Weekend Playlist 08/02-13/02 [Podcast]

Posted by John / February 8, 2007

Greetings, and welcome to the Montreal Weekend Playlist's end-of-twenties crisis episode. Yes, this is the 29th edition, and in honour of that we do nothing different, playing great music from bands playin gin town in the next few days and otherwise being generally dumb.

Podcast | Get the podcast here.
iTunes | Add the Weekend Playlist Podcast to iTunes.
RSS | Add the Weekend Playlist Podcast feed to your RSS Reader.
Search | Search the audio on Podzinger.

Tonight (Thursday) is jam packed with bands to see, including Golden Dogs, Harvee and Yoko Casionos at Main Hall. Otherwise, consider The Nymphets, the GOGO Pleasers and The B-Sides at Escogriffe or try to sneak in to the third last of the sold out Arcade Fire shows at Ukrainian Federation. Or, still otherwise, see the always-increasingly-great Ohbijou with Miracle Fortress and SS Cardiacs and Habitat at Friendship Cove. Finally, you've got the option of seeing Tradition (blocks recording), Sarah Mangle and Missing Children at Zoobizarre.

Because everyone decided not to compete for Friday audiences and are playing Thursday, there is nothing to do on Friday. Well, maybe I'm wrong -- if you've got a Friday show, post it in the comments.

Saturday offers heaviness in the form of Papa Justify, Robot City and Paper Street at Missy Bar (250 Mont-Royal Est), noisiness with Sun Circle, Dead Bush and Wind up Bird at Casa, rockingness courtesy of Starvin Hungry and Crowface at Escogriffe, local good indieness with Crystal Clyffs, Quebexico and Plante ta femme at Zoobizarre, solo virtuosityness a la Amy Millan and Darling Arms at Main Hall or insaneness at Casa with Intercom, Ghost Limbs and Argon Floozy.

On Sunday, Vandermark 5 plays some jazz at Sala, and Midlake are at Main Hall with St. Vincent.

More noisy madness Tuesday with Dreamcatcher, TTTTTTTTTTTT, Wax Attic and DJ Free Coke at Divan Orange.

The Montreal Weekend Playlist:

Crowface - Love Like a Slayer
Plante ta femme - Miss Penelope
Midlake - Balloon Maker
Vandermark 5 - Licence complete
Wind-up Bird - Voice and Sine Wave

rrrobyn / February 9, 2007 at 11:07 am
the Sun Circle, Wind-Up Bird, Dead Bush show is actually tonight (Friday)! will be good, i think, will report back
Yasmine / February 4, 2015 at 04:54 pm
Hi Vince,Thanks for your summary on the first Pod Cast. I found it very amumsing.I want to talk about the Inside Job or Be careful what you teach and show . This is also a very common occurance of theft in gated communities.I was recently the victim of a house robbery. After 10 years it was my first experience. I live year-round in a gated community with friendly security guards who have direct eye sight of my house.Five years ago, I bought a 50 Sanyo Plasma flat screen TV. It was the most unreliable thing I have ever owned. Every 8 months it would blow a fuse (bad design), and I would have to take it down from the wall, remove 20+ screws to get the back off and replace the fuse. Next day hang it on the wall again. I employed anyone (for 5 minutes) .in the neighborhood I could find gardeners, guards, etc.,(took two people to lift/carry it) to help me lift it off the wall and the next day get the same guy to help me put it back on the wall mount.I went through this process five times over four years and taught various people (my local trusted' helpers) how to detach it from the wall.My robbery consisted of taking only one thing ..the 50 plasma. There were more valuable things available but they only wanted the TV. They broke a window, entered the house, removed the plasma from the wall, and escaped with it through the patio door.How does this happen in a gated community? Simple just show them what you have and how to steal it. They will figure out a way for guards to look the other way. After all, the guards know when you are here and when you are not. No outsider knows what you have and would most likely take something easier and of greater value. This was targeted because they knew it was there and nothing else mattered.Jay
golu dolls / March 19, 2019 at 06:34 am