Thursday, December 13, 2018Light Snow -5°C
Weekend Playlist Podcast

The Midnight Poutine Podcast: July 7-13, 2010

Posted by Luc / July 7, 2010

20100706mmpixpodcast169.jpg Stop being so damn hot (and sexy) Montreal! This week's podcast bring you multiple songs by multiple artists, as well as an occasional humming sound deep in the background from the air conditioner. Unfortunately, I don't think the podcast has heard of second breakfast. Enjoy!

Podcast | Get the podcast here.
iTunes | Add the Weekend Playlist Podcast to iTunes.
RSS | Add the Weekend Playlist Podcast feed to your RSS Reader.
Search | Search the audio on Podzinger.

Here's your Midnight Poutine Podcast:

Passion Pit - Little Secrets
Grimes - Beast Infection
Phantogram - Mouthful of Diamonds
So Cow - Shut Eye
Grand Trine - Radio Frequency Identification
Melina Soochan - City of Love
Jake and the Leprechauns - Busy Bee
The Wilderness of Manitoba - Hermit
Passion Pit - Moth's Wings
Grimes - Feyd Rautha Dark Heart
So Cow - Casablance
Melina Soochan - Xray Eyes

Christine / July 7, 2010 at 08:23 pm
Thanks for this podcast, guys and gals:)

Just a tiny correction, if I may. Melina Soochan was once part of the cabaret troupe called The Belluscious Girls
That is pronounced to rhyme with delicious and other similar words :)

Patrick V. / July 8, 2010 at 12:16 pm
Hey Guys, been a "frequent flyer" of the podcast for a good while now. Thanks for your good work. By the way, some members of Jake and the Leprechauns are friends. You were questionning about the usage of synths. They tend to go all accoustics. You can get a feel for that in this video http://vimeo.com/11811043
Thanks again. Cheers. Patrick.
Amie / July 9, 2010 at 09:21 pm
Wow, that's a really great video. Both the instruments and the playing are so impressive. I'm really happy I was right about the musical saw, but it's too bad this version didn't have the gongs in it. I would have loved to see that setup, but that's the geeky percussionist in me. Love the small frame drum attached to the stick with the small cymbal, though. Thanks so much! Please pass on my appreciation next time you see those guys.

Also, very sorry to Melina Soochan and any misunderstanding caused by our misnaming of her troupe. Thanks for clearing it up!
Amie / July 9, 2010 at 09:22 pm

Bill / July 12, 2010 at 02:08 pm
Gabby,

Our on going joke at work is to say "Nice One Gabby, you should do standup". I believe Luke said this in one of the first podcasts you guys did. I'll have you know it makes us laugh everytime we say it. We use it whenever someone messes up here at work.

Bill
Gabby / July 14, 2010 at 12:58 pm
Bill, thanks! Glad to make you guys laugh :)
Rizal / February 4, 2015 at 08:55 am
, no, I'm staying a hotel and don't have a fdirge. She responded that's ok, this doesn't need to be refrigerated. I still declined the box and immediately wished I hadn't eaten the first half. What the heck was in my Apple Dutch Baby that makes it shelf stable!!?! Elementary sounds not very good. I missed the part of the debate where Romney made good points I heard him agree with Mr. Obama on some points, but then not explain how his view was different. I agree with the president on this piece of healthcare legislation but I disagree about Obamacare ok. Please explain to me what your view is and why it is better. Maybe if you listened to the debate on the radio, Obama did better.