Saturday, February 23, 2019Light Snow -5°C
Weekend Playlist Podcast

The Midnight Poutine Podcast - Nov. 17 - 22, 2010

Posted by Jer / November 17, 2010

Ruckus Fo'Tet It's a cold and rainy day here in Montreal, but that hasn't stopped a slew of bands from making plans to visit the city this weekend. There's also M pour Montréal, an 80th anniversary for the Lion D'Or, and the 40th anniversary gala for Head & HandsWe could have filled two podcasts with the amount of songs we had submitted this week. Luckily you, dear readers, are the benefactors of this musical overload. Amie, Greg and Jer cram 16 songs into just over an hour for your listening pleasure.

Podcast | Get the podcast here.
iTunes | Add the Weekend Playlist Podcast to iTunes.
RSS | Add the Weekend Playlist Podcast feed to your RSS Reader.
Search | Search the audio on Podzinger.

Don't overdo it, with this week's Midnight Poutine Podcast:

Steven McKay - Slow Down
Doctor Ew - Dance All Over My Grave
Michou - Growing Younger
No Age - Glitter
Man Machine - To Spend Time
Technical Kidman - Fireworks

photo of ruckus fo'tet having a grand ol' laugh before their show tomorrow night from their website.

Katie Trudeau / November 18, 2010 at 08:03 pm
p.s. love the show!
You guys and brownies, hilarious! Don't have a recipe, not their biggest fan. Still love the show though.
Greg / November 18, 2010 at 09:13 pm
Thanks Katie! You're welcome to leave us a recipe for anything you want - doesn't have to be brownies. Preferably something sweet. Whatever you wanna hear us tasting on the podcast. Talk about interactive, right? Breaking down the fourth wall? Fifth wall? Tenth wall? I've lost track.
Max / November 24, 2010 at 07:12 pm
Ooooohh... Greg, greg, greg... dude you don't know.. Pearl Jam is THE greatest band of all time EVER. Period. Totally under-rated. They showed me how good rock music could be. :) Have you ever heard the song Footsteps (most recently released on the Lost Dogs compilation) ? Pure gorgeous torture..

Great show and I won't post this 17 times by mistake again.

Keep rockin'
maybelately / November 24, 2010 at 09:02 pm
sounds like a midnight brownie podcast!
this small restaurant near my house makes these luscious blondies that i always swear never to eat again but end up craving much too often. i prefer blondies to brownies just because my body cannot handle as much chocolate as it wants (woe is me!), but greg sounds like an impressive baker.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
p.s. unlike eating too many brownies, listening to your podcast gets better each time.
Greg / November 30, 2010 at 12:49 am
Sweeeeet, thanks for the blondie recipe maybelately. I'm definitely making it this week.

As for Pearl Jam... my relationship with this is largely tempered by the fact that my mom blocked me from buying Ten when I was in elementary school because she wanted to project me from the dangers of rock music for a couple more years. Siamese Dream became my first major rock record and I subsequently became a Smashing Pumpkins devotee and a longer term shoegaze/prog/fuzz-rock fan. So who knows how different my musical tastes would be today if Ten had taken the place of that album. As it stands, I never got too into Pearl Jam, and never fully understood what they stir up in people. I do respect them, just don't "get" them. I'll check out the song you suggested, though. Maybe that will win me over.
company needs / February 17, 2017 at 07:41 pm
Thank you, I've just been searching for information approximately this subject for a while and yours is the
greatest I have came upon so far. But, what concerning the
bottom line? Are you sure about the source?
kanchipuramsarees / January 21, 2019 at 11:39 pm