Friday, September 20, 2019Light Snow -5°C
Weekend Playlist Podcast

The Midnight Poutine Podcast - Dec. 1 - 7, 2010

Posted by Jer / December 1, 2010

Emilie ProulxWhat? It's December? Since when? Since today, I guess. But still. I was not properly warned about this. I was just getting used to the silly and misguided attempts at moustaches for Movember and now all of a sudden I'm listening to holiday muzak and and buying wrapping paper against my will. Thankfully there's music to distract me. Join Amie, Greg and I as we sift through this week's best shows.

Podcast | Get the podcast here.
iTunes | Add the Weekend Playlist Podcast to iTunes.
RSS | Add the Weekend Playlist Podcast feed to your RSS Reader.
Search | Search the audio on Podzinger.

We've even got another batch of brownies to talk about, courtesy of a listener-submitted recipe, on this week's Midnight Poutine Podcast:

Ra Ra Riot - Boy
Steve Brockley - Gold
The Youjsh - On a clear day you can see forever, but Steve Day can't hear shit
Courtney Wing - Holler
Jeremy Fisher - Laissez Faire
Stars - Dead Hearts
The Mercy Now - Mercy

photo of emilie proulx from her website. emile and leif vollebekk played an intimate show at the segal centre last night for CBC's Routes Montreal program.

Greg / December 2, 2010 at 05:48 pm
Correction: The Mercy Now are from Toronto and are playing on Saturday, not Sunday. My bad. I should refrain from music journalism-ing while on cold medicine.
doofus rainwite / December 2, 2010 at 05:59 pm
Just a word of thanks for your terrific work and insight into the cities inner beauty. Had my first listen a few moments ago.. bravo!
Luc / December 6, 2010 at 11:38 am
I'll show you a fake Luc Doucet
Amie / December 6, 2010 at 10:59 pm
Thanks, Rainwite. Didn't feel right calling you Doofus, especially after such kind words.

Greg, here's my brownie submission. Check out the bottom of the page. Make it with the coconut frosting, not the chocolate:
Greg / December 7, 2010 at 01:34 am
Hmmm... I don't know Amie, I'm not sure it counts when you're the one writing in with the recipe. This is just you asking me to make brownies for you.

Okay, actually, the only problem is I'm missing a fair amount of this stuff in my kitchen and might not have time for a store run before Wednesday. What if you make them and we can have a live action baked good throw down between this and whatever I make?
Amie / December 7, 2010 at 09:16 pm
No deal.
jenna / January 17, 2011 at 05:42 pm
I just wanted to say that you guys do an amazing job. I have turned up at many-a-show in Mtl because you guys featured the band on your podcast that week. Keep it coming!
Krystal / February 25, 2014 at 02:22 am
Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful
& it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and
help others like you aided me.
Efecan / February 3, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't he also give us everything else? Galatians 5:4 You who are tiyrng to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace .Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”(there are 613 Old Covenant Laws)Galatians 3:11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”